Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Puffin' Presidio

So, today was my first time running in the Presidio. My new nickname for it is the Puffin' Presidio, since all I seemed to do the whole run was huff and puff.There were so many hills!!! My calves were so tight as I made it up the last one. These hills were monsters, long, steep hills that had no end in sight. We actually ran more than a mile straight up hill. Owieeee. Luckily, Meredith and Eugene had my back, and we really did beat those hills into the ground. Not only were there hills, but this was a long run, we ran for 75 minutes, that's one of my longest runs ever. We'll see tomorrow who really won, us or the Puffin' Presidio.

The thing about this run that I really liked was that it was an adventure. We got a little turned around (read: I got lost and dragged E and M with me), but we ended up at Chrissy Field, the sun was shining on the city, the bay was gorgeous strewn with dozens of kayakers, the Golden Gate was as overwhelming as it always is, and Angel Island looked like a playground just calling from the east. There were so many people out running, biking, walking, and with Mez and Eugene singing shooop, at 47 minutes into our run I was just so happy that we decided to go on our adventure. Yes, I endured pain, yes my ego was hurt when I had to start walking up that last bit of the hill (there was sand!), but it was awesome!

"Hills hills hills, yeah they kills kills kills, but I don't need pills, pills pills pills, cuz I can fight my own hills, hills hills hills."

No comments: