Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3 Totally Unrelated Notes

1. This Simpsons clip about St. Patrick's Day is awesome. My mom used to sing that song to me when I was little!

2. Learn something every day: In medical/legal speak CMO means Comfort Measures Only. As I learned from this NYT blog This is differs from DNR/DNIs in that CMO means "stop doing tests, stop giving antibiotics, and start giving enough intravenous narcotics that she wouldn’t have to live in pain."

3. Information Therapy -a new area of medicine and health care that helps patients sort through medical information, be better informed and hopefully help them to feel better. Harvard Pilgrim has an awesome Interactive Conversation feature about low pack pain that I think is really cutting-edge and awesome. Found this in a WSJ article that talks about some cool stuff Kaiser is doing to help all of us understand our health, see how it changes overtime and generally be healthier because of it!

Update:
4. Kyrgyzstan is the one country in Central Asia that I could not name. It's official languages are Kyrgyz and Russian and the majority of the population is Muslim and it's supposedly an incredibly beautiful place!

No comments: