Thursday, May 6, 2010

Riding my bike

For the past week I've been using a bike as my primary mode of transportation, I thought I would share my thoughts:
  • It takes me less time door-to-door to bike to class then to drive, park and walk to class. About 13 minutes on a bike, 20 by car. 
  • Cars smell bad, are too big, and are scary.
  • It's really hard to turn left as a biker, because of the smelly, big, scary cars I mentioned above. 
  • Biking is really enjoyable when your breaks don't squeak.
  • Biking prevents me from wearing skirts and dresses. Slightly annoying. 
  • You see a lot more animals and small wildflowers when you bike than when you drive. 
  • I used to hate locking up my bike, but it really only takes me the same time as starting a car. 
  • Helmets aren't that bad. 
  • I think more when I bike, I get annoyed at other drivers when I drive.
  • Still don't know what I'd do if it was pouring rain tomorrow. Will have to figure that out. 
  • I could easily bike to cool hikes if I had a better bike.
  • Biking makes it a lot more likely that I'll go to the Farmers Market on Sunday rather than loading up on giant bags of groceries at Safeway.
  • Biking doesn't require filling up a gas tank and spending money.
I like biking.

No comments: