Wednesday, June 9, 2010

1/4 of a Doctor

As of 10am today, I am 1/4th of a doctor. Officially done with my first year of medical school! It's one of those times when you should be celebrating, but instead you are more in disbelief. Time off? Relax? No studying? I hardly know what to do with myself. I feel bewildered, really, free time?

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!  Busy finalizing plans for the hiking trip of the century (more on that later), and time for real life (finishing taxes, financial aid, good stuff like that).

Looking back at my first year, I feel a strong sense of pride, I worked hard, I tried my best, I learned more than I thought possible to learn, and had a really good time. I actually enjoyed my first year of medical school, probably learned just as much about myself as I did about the human body...but now...FREEDOM!!!!!!!

No comments: