Thursday, September 30, 2010

SMS II

Medical school is really awesome this year. We focus on one organ system at a time, and have complete immersion: 3 hours of lecture per day, clinical reasoning sessions once a week, brush up on the related physical exam skills, and then we have practicum where we interview real patients and practice our history, physical exam, clinical reasoning and presentation skills. I absolutely love it! TAing anatomy has been really awesome too, I enjoy teaching, I enjoy dissecting, and enjoy relearning the body. It's such an honor to have all of these opportunities, I'm so grateful for all the physicians who put in so much time to teach me, the patients (alive and deceased) that are altruistic and allow me into their world. Medical school is humbling, but its also very rewarding, the more I study, the more I see my clinical skills grow and expand, that's very personally gratifying, so studying doesn't seem too bad, I actually enjoy studying for the most part this year. Still have to work on getting to bed early...I don't think it will ever happen!

No comments: