Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What the World Needs Now, is Love, Sweet Love...

it's the only thing, that there's just, too little of....

The past few days I've been grappling with the loss of my grandmother, Mary Kilroy. The last time I saw her, we sang this song together......

It's never fun to lose someone you love so much. You always wish you had more time. It's always too soon. A life too short. Unfair. Irreplaceable. Your Grandma plays such a unique role in your life, always rooting for you, ready to have fun, to indulge and splurge with all the love and joy a grandmother has for a granddaughter. The pressure is off, no need to impress, no judgements, just love. The loss of a grandmother really hits you hard. Both of my grandmas have very, very special places in my heart. Grandma and I got really close in the last few years, and I will remember and cherish those moments for the rest of my life. I am so blessed to have such loving family. Grandma you are missed and loved. Whenever I eat my butterscotch squares, use my tea kettle or salad spinner, wear my cute Michael Korr skirt suits, travel with one too many bags, read a good book, catch an awesome sale at the mall, or watch a really good cooking show, you know I"ll be thinking of all the wonderful moments we've shared together. Love you. Here's a memory from our post-LA makeovers....

2 comments:

Trust Me, I'm a Doctor Mom said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, Julia. She sounds like she was a wonderful person! Thinking about you!

Unknown said...

Nice photo of both of you. I'm so sorry to hear the news -- my heart reaches out to you.