Friday, August 5, 2011

NICU: Babies babies everywhere!

Babies on the mind, caught another 2 today, 8 for 8!

Most interesting about babies is how they all start out the same. You can't predict which baby you hold will become the next President of the United States, the next doctor, or school teacher. You can't predict who will have mental health problems, obesity, or breast cancer. Just by looking at them, you wouldn't know who will live in poverty or who will be the next billionaire. We all start out the same: sleepy, hungry, and naked. We know the world by what others teach us about the world. If you teach me that I can do anything, I'll believe it, because why shouldn't I? It's all I know. Each baby I caught, I said a silent prayer for and greeted them with a big smile. It may not be much, but they came into the world into loving arms, and I hope we continue to show them how great life can be.

No comments: