Monday, February 11, 2008

update-Track Team

Sometimes the right opportunity arises, and all you have to do is recognize it..

My last post I mentioned I really want to coach youth track.
So, this weekend was warm and BEAUTIFUL, so Sunday morning I decided to take a walk through the Park, it just so happened that on my way to the park, I pass Kezar stadium, and see some sort of of track meet going on. It ends up being a youth meet. I watch for a bit, then decide to go home grab some lunch. After lunch I head back to watch the end of the meet, I ended up getting there a bit too late, but there were a bunch of people cleaning up, so I meander down by the officials tent, just sort of walk around. After introducing myself to a few people and expressing my interest in coaching, I meet with the director of a track team for youth in the tendorloin, who just so happen to practice at Kezar twice a week, who just so happen to need some shot put coaching experience for their athletes, as well as other things (they throw the turbo jav!). How EXCITING is that?!!?

So now I'm going to start helping out on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I am really amazed at how this opportunity fell into my lap, and I am so happy that I took a chance to try to talk to some people and express my interests. YAY!


No comments: