Thursday, May 1, 2008

MindS over Matter

Yesterday my running buds and I set off on a 3-mile interval session on a very congested Kezar Track. There must have been over 100 newbies running around, who didn't understand that when someone yells "TRACK" it means to move your butt out of lane 1. We managed just fine though, hitting all of our times in style or better, usually better due to my lack of pacing after 200 meters. We ran three mile sets. Our first two sets in the form of 400-800-400 and our last mile being just that, I came across the tape in 6:46-painful but not too bad, with my buds running record miles for the year. This was another day that championed the essentialness of training partners, I really was adamant in stopping after two miles -tough workout the night before, but they kept me up and I managed to run my last mile just fine. Mind over Matter. but in reality MindS over Matter can be so much more effective!

Now, I am paying for it; my legs feel like 80-pounds of lead. But well worth it!

No comments: