Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Strong Arms

I have strong arms. I'm proud of my strong arms and frequently wear tank tops that show off my buff arms. Never before have I had a non-athlete female role model who has such strong arms. Most female politicians look more motherly than athletic, I get a 1960s vibe from them. I mean, clearly they are strong, given their status as Speaker of the House or Secretary of State, but they just don't look strong. Most are short and petite. But here we have our first lady, Michelle Obama, she stands 6 feet tall in heels, and her arms are toned, lean, and mean.

Both Michelle Obama and Jill Biden have athletic, toned arms. Not too skinny or limp, but rock solid. I appreciate that. I also appreciate that both women aren't afraid to show 'em off. Here's a great shot of the beautiful mixture that is Michelle Obama, a strong woman with fabulous arms looking gorgeous in her gown. Even with the beautiful dress, you know she's independent, she's not afraid to pick up her own suitcase or open her own door. With those arms she's going to be the best 1st lady we've ever had. I truly admire Eleanor Roosevelt, but Michelle, I hope you surpass all of our expectations and those solid, post-title IV arms tell me you are going to do exactly that.

No comments: