Tuesday, June 2, 2009

RSS Feeds

I finally discovered the amazing value of RSS Feeds today.

So far, I've stayed away from them, mostly because I didn't really understand what RSS meant. I also really like visiting all my favorite blogs because of the unique user experience you get with different backgrounds, seeing other commenters, and seeing what blogs they subscribe to.

However, I've reached a point in my blog reading in which I do not have the time or patience to visit each individual blog regularly. I discovered that an RSS feed is a super-easy way to make 1 "super-blog" with all the recent blogposts from your favorite blogs. If only someone had explained this to me earlier...

I just set up all my favorite blogs with their RSS feed links in Google Reader. You should too if you haven't already! A key point of advice: go through each blog and select "mark as read", this way you will only have future posts in your inbox.

No comments: