Thursday, March 4, 2010

Finished with Anatomy Lab

On Tuesday we had our final anatomy lab of the year. We've now officially completed a memorable chapter in our training to become a physician. Final exams are around the corner, so I'll still find myself in the lab over the next week. Anatomy has been full of emotions for me, sadness, humility, hunger, joy, pain, annoyance, and deep reverence. It was nothing like I expected and everything I expected.

Yesterday marked the beginning of my studying for winter quarter final exams, two more days of class left. I actually enjoy studying for exams, the days are very long, even brutal, but I really enjoy the completeness and concreteness of it. No need to worry about more information coming my way, the goal is to attack and understand everything you've already learned. Med school is still amazing, it builds up a great endurance in me that I didn't even know I had. I will never be a ultamarathoner, but I am a medical student, and there's not much difference between the two. Slow and steady, keep your priorities simple and focused, mind over matter and repeat.

No comments: