Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Such is life

1. ME
2. Understanding the information in school so I can help my future patients
3. Everything else

There are so many cool things to do during medical school, health policy, free clinic volunteering, advocacy, student groups, clubs, cool talks. Then there are so many cool fun things to do in life, like hiking, camping, traveling, hanging out with family, friends, reading, watching tv, reading blogs, blogging. But then there is me. Just me. 24 hours in a day. I've decided that the only way I can become a good doctor is by first being healthy myself. So last weekend I went to Yosemite, it was incredible. Since then I've vowed to exercise everyday, because I love it. I've done 2 trail runs, a fun run to a vista of Menlo Park, and a quick tough work out at the gym. I've had decent meals every day. I've even made my bed. It's sad when I am proud of myself for making my bed, but small things like that matter. I'm also getting better at saying no...sort of. It's a work in progress really. Med school is exhausting, is summer here yet?

No comments: