Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Hunger Games

I was compelled to go see The Hunger Games on the big screen during it's opening weekend. Not because I read the books, more because I was intrigued that such a popular movie had a female as its lead. Not too often that happens when the female is both the lead character and portrayed as a strong character audiences want to root for.

I liked it the movie, mostly because I really liked Katniss as a character. I liked that she stuck up for her younger sister, I liked that she had stellar bow and arrow skills, and I liked that she didn't give in to the killing mentality of the Games. Between the big sister mentality, my javelin skills and my general aversion to violence, I think I identified with Katniss.


With that said, I'll definitely be rooting for her again when the 2nd movie comes out.

No comments: