Wednesday, September 3, 2008

An Open Letter to Barack Obama

Dear Senator Obama,

Thank you for the way that you've campaigned for this election. You have maintained your integrity, ethics, and professionalism in an honorable fashion on the campaign trail.

Thank you for having such strong family values, I appreciate that you married a strong woman with a career who is also a great mother.

Thank you for appreciating and admitting the complexity of issues we face as a country, for being straightforward about your approach to problems, putting the American people's future as the top priority.

Thank you for asking more of us, of regular citizens, not all of us can serve our country in the military, but all of us can surely serve our country in our own way. I appreciate you bringing that point back into our nation's dialog. I appreciate being called to action.

Thank you for bringing more people to the voting polls then ever before.

Thank you for being educated and understanding the importance of education, for working your way from a small college in California to being President of the Harvard Law Review.

Thank you for your eloquent speaking skills, your grasp of the English language, your maturity as a speaker, your ability to rouse and electrify a crowd. A President should not just lead, but should motivate its nation. I appreciate your unique and seemingly natural skill to do just this.

Now I know I won't possibly agree with everything you do as President, but I trust that I will respect your decisions because you will make educated, reasonable, thought out decisions that you have figured to be best for our country in the long term.

As a thank you, I will do everything in my power to help elect you as President of the United States.

No comments: