Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This is NOT even funny.

Is it not ironic that the McCain campaign ran a nationwide negative political tv ad against Senator Obama linking him to the celebrity stars of Paris Hilton and Britney Spears just to go off and find his own "celebrity" a week later? Here we have a made-for-tv drama, pregnant teen to marry boyfriend, governor who eats moose, husband who races snow mobiles.

You know what, I care nothing about any of that.

What concerns me about McCain's choice is that Governor Sarah Palin had ZERO experience in foreign diplomacy, and is not suited to fill the job of the presidency in the event that she needed to. I do not have faith in her ability to lead our country effectively if something were to happen to Senator McCain's health if he were ever elected. Oh and the latest news is that she's going to get a "crash course" in foreign diplomacy issues by Bush Aides. THAT WORKED OUT REALLY WELL FOR US DIDN'T IT? Maybe she can "learn" from their mistakes.


This hoopla was at first funny, to me it was a laughable pick, showing me that McCain truly feels that women in this country are morons if he really thought all the democratic Hillary voters would for one second vote for him because of the fact their gender is represented in the ticket, without their values or beliefs backed. Now it just makes me angry and sad to think this stunt actually happened during an election year when we are on the verge of a tipping point, having an engaging political discussion about what we can do to improve our country and the type of leadership we need to bring us all together.

This is pathetic, disgraceful and offends me as a woman and as a voter. Don't get me started on the fear-mongering speech President Bush is going to deliver tonight. My stress levels can't handle this. THIS is another great reason I want to go into medicine, medicine may have it's share of politics, but at least every single patient I treat can be better off because of it. As a doctor I can't talk about how good I am, but I can actually deliver excellent care to folks that need it. Enough of this.

I'm going to be registering voters this weekend so we can get out the vote for Senator Obama.

No comments: