Saturday, July 18, 2009

Goodbye to the BCC


Friday was my last day working at the UCSF Breast Care Center. It has been an amazing two years. I helped launch a national nonprofit website, BreastCancerTrials.org. I supported 68 women through difficult appointments and treatment decisions. And most of all, I learned so much from the amazing physicians, clinic staff, and all of my colleagues. These folks in the picture above have become some of my closest and dearest friends and are going to do amazing work in the field of health care and medicine. No doubt about it. The photos below are of me with my lovable supervisor and the BCT queen, Elly Cohen, at the AVON walk and me with my mentor and role model, Laura Esserman, the woman who makes this all happen... I have no doubt that the BCC has left a lasting impression on me and I look forward to doing the best I can at Stanford with such enjoyable and meaningful work under my belt. I may be leaving for medical school, but the BCC will always hold a very special place in my heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such an amazing group of people! I will miss everyone, but I'm certain we will all cross paths in the future.