Monday, July 6, 2009

Must Read Author: Nevada Barr

A good friend recently clued me into the mystery author Nevada Barr. She writes amazing mysteries that are based in national parks and other scenic places. Her protagonist is tough-nosed middle-aged ranger Anna Pigeon. I finished High Country a few weeks ago and I couldn't put it down. I'm about to finish Ill Wind, another great read. I love the fact that she writes with such vivid imagery and gripping story lines that I can't wait to turn the page, but at the same time love to take in her amazing talent of describing the scenery, air, and feel of the location. These books are great for nightstand reading, beach reading, and definitely awesome if you're traveling. May be a bit scary if you're camping...(I am speaking from experience!)

No comments: