Thursday, July 23, 2009

My very own place

It's official, I have my own place! It's a cute little 1-bedroom in Menlo Park, a little over a mile from the med school campus. So exciting! Not only is it my own place, but it has great amenities like a dishwasher and garbage disposal and laundry on-site. I'm super close to bike trails, downtown Menlo Park, and there's a Starbucks around the corner.

Menlo Park has a great history, rich in Irish heritage. It was founded by two Irish settlers in the 1850s. The word "Menlo" comes from their town Menlough, from County Galway, Ireland. County Galway is just south of County Mayo, where my relatives immigrated from. So you know I'm living in a good neigborhood, stepped in Western Ireland tradition. ( I heart wikipedia for making all of this information easily available!)

The weather is always beautiful, lots of hiking, a great golf course and I will definitely have room for visitors, so start planning your trip!

No comments: