Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Reminder of My Purpose

In the midst of studying for our first HHD exam, I am reminded of the Stanford Affirmation that we recited at our ceremony way back in August:

"On my admission to the Practice of Medicine I pledge to devote my life to the service of humanity. The care of my patients will be my first consideration.....I will hold all life dear, and let knowledge, wisdom, courage and compassion guide my therapy. I will use my medical knowledge to promote human rights, social justice, and civil liberties."


More knowledge now = better doctor later = better care for my future patients.

My head is clear, my heart is full, I feel that my actions are aligned with my values, and I'm doing the best I can.  I go to bed restful, peaceful, and recharged, truly thankful for all that I have been given and all the wonderful people in my life.

No comments: