Saturday, July 26, 2008

CRAIG of Craigslist

It is official. I met Craig of Craigslist at Cafe Reverie at 3:18pm, Saturday, July 26, 2008.

I am happily staring at this cute puppy, when a guy, mid-30s, a bit round, squats down to pet the puppy.

Unknown guy: Sees me looking at the puppy, "Guess we are both suckers for cute puppies".

Unknown guy walks in, everyone saying "Hi Craig". He has some coffee, reads a magazine and then gets up to leave. I am sitting by the door, as he is about to exit, I interject as follows:


Julia: Are you THE Craig, of Craigslist?

Craig: That's me, nice to meet you, what's your name?

Julia: I'm Julia. I just wanted to let you know that your site has changed my life.

Craig: Glad to hear it, make sure you get out though.


HA!


2 comments:

Purple Pebbles said...

Julia, this is the best post ever ;) Craig seems hilarious -also what prompted you to ask him that? he could have been any old craig?

Julia said...

So I found this Cafe on yelp.com, and one of the reviews said that Craig of Craigslist often goes there to chill, get some coffee. So of course, when it seemed like everyone knew this Craig, I figured it had to be him!