Friday, July 25, 2008

I am so lucky

This week I was a bit stressed. You know the drill, crazy busy at work, tons of planning for my vacation, endless applications. BUT thanks to a certain someone, I was reminded that I am extremely blessed.

I have amazing family and friends who are so unique, fun, and generally make life worth living on a daily basis for me. I will soon have a second home in Hawaii, so whenever I want I can jet over and chill on the North Shore. I am a college graduate, have a great job with interesting colleagues and incredible mentors. I live in one of the most beautifu
l and diverse cities I have ever been to. I live two blocks from a green luscious park I can take meandering runs through daily. I have good health, good spirit, and enough time on my hands to read, hike, think, write, photograph, as well as contribute to my community and my love of track. I have terrific roommates and a supportive boyfriend who put up with my shenanigans. Most of all, when I am lying in bed at night, I am happy with myself, who I am, what I strive to be, and what I'm about.

For this I am happy and thankful.

--> Happy Julia -->

When I think of all the things I am blessed with I realize that I don't have anything to stress about. I may want more, but I don't need anything else.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

We are blessed too, to have a wonderful daughter like you.
Love Mom