Monday, August 24, 2009

Medical School Orientation Starts Tomorrow!

Here I am, 1:30am, too excited to sleep the night before my first day of med school orientation. The theme tomorrow is "Leadership and Service", we get breakfast, lunch, and dinner, along with Welcomes and Introductions, a talk on "Advocating for Change", and a round robin discussion about community health and the Cardinal Free Clinics, with logistical stuff interspersed throughout the day.

I can't believe this day is already here. So much has happened in the past month since I finished my job at UCSF. I had a great week in Chicago, regrouped in Southern California, successfully moved in to my own place, and went on a 3-day hiking trip with other new medical students. The hike (SWEAT trip) was beautiful, we were in the Stanislaus National Forest, north of Yosemite and camped at a gorgeous lake (which I swam in!) for 2 nights. I really loved all the other folks on the trip and look forward to getting to know them better over the course of the year. Abbey and my Dad, and now my Mom too, have been helping me move in and get situated, which has been really helpful. I just need to get my internet installed and I'll be really set.

So, short story, I start orientation tomorrow and I'm stoked! And for a taste, here are two photos I took on the SWEAT trip:

No comments: