Monday, August 31, 2009

The Weight of Med School

Today I felt the weight of med school. It's just day 3, but we had class 9am to 6pm straight with just an hour for lunch (and an optional review from 7-8:30 that I decided to postpone until Wednesday)

Now I come home, hungry and dazed, with a plate full of studying ahead of me. Oh and preparing a journal club presentation for tomorrow (another day of 9am to 5pm straight class, followed by as much studying as I can handle in the evening).

It's a lot. I'm doing the best I can to review each day's material and prepare for the next, but I can already tell that it will become overwhelming fast, and this is mostly review material for me!

I'm going to do the best I can, and hopefully just hang on. Most importantly, I think running every day after class will really allow me to relax and clear my mind before another night chalk full of studying. Anyone with tips for remembering the development stages of erythropoeisis, please send them along!

1 comment:

Eugene said...

Yes, keep running! I just ran today too! (for the first time in about a month and a half, I kid you not). It sounds like you're having a great start to med school. The long days and endless work get easier, I promise! Either that or my standards have become completely askew (as yours will too, soon enough).

I miss our GGP runs. You'll have to show me the cool running areas in palo alto when I go visit!