Monday, September 28, 2009

My Evolution into an AM Runner

It's come to this. I have finally given in to the pervasive idea that only by running in the morning can you ensure you will get a run in. For the mini-quarter I attempted to run after class, to workout at the gym at night, to run once I got home. Fail. Fail. Fail. If it ain't working, change it. So this morning I woke up, went for a light run, and voila, I fit my run into my day, before my 6 hours of class, before the evening OB/GYN interest meeting, before the interventional cardiology lunch time talk. I ran, I feel great, and I'm happy.

I also realized that it's not so much that I don't like running in the morning, it was pleasant today. I just HATE getting out of bed in the morning. There is nothing more satisfying then hitting the snooze alarm 10 times to me. This too can change, and today I only hit it twice and was out the door by 7:30. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I will only do well in medical school if I run regularly, thus my entry into the world as a newly minted AM runner.

No comments: